Tech Services Department
The Laguna Beach Unified School District Tech Services department provides technical support, oversight, management and expertise in order to meet the District's ever-growing instructional and infrastructure needs. Tech Services is responsible for the installation and maintenance of all computers, software, internet connections and internet safety measures, as well as developing website infrastructure for the district. Tech Services also provides supplementary education to staff and faculty in order for them to effectively utilize district technology, and to improve communication, efficiency, and productivity. Under the direction of Sean Colt, Chief Technology Officer, Tech Services is staffed by a team of knowledgeable employees, whom are able to quickly address any IT-based emergency, and keep track of any new technological developments to continually improve schools and district offices.
Tech Services also works to improve school life for both students and parents. Students are given equal access to up-to-date computers installed with appropriate software and instantaneous, secure internet connections. These technologies are designed to support achievement of the academic standards, district curricular goals, and ultimately for lifelong learning in our technology-focused society. Tech Services is constantly maintaining and improving websites for the district offices and school sites, allowing parents quick and convenient access to relevant announcements, documents, and contact information.
Tech Services has a commitment to excellence in order to better the district by supporting the use of technology to improve student achievement, disparate data collection, analysis, reporting, and research.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact Tech Services using the contact information provided in this section.
District Mission Statement
Our Mission is to maximize each student’s potential to learn and make a positive contribution to our world.
Education in the Laguna Beach Unified School District
- is challenging while insuring each student's successful experiences in education.
- provides lifelong values, attitudes, and skills which promote public service and respect for others.
- offers environments that spark individual curiosity and learning.
- encourages an appreciation of differences, diversity and similarities.
- ignites a commitment to learning, scholarship, creativity and service.
- explores various career paths.
- is relevant to each student's immediate and future goals, and
- prepares graduates to adapt to change and deal with a technological age and a global environment.
The Schools in the Laguna Beach Unified School District are the convening point of the community and, as such, are connected with each other, the community, and the world through information-rich, interactive technology.